Below are some answers to frequently asked questions.
This page has been updated September 2021
1. Can I bring my own food with me into The Bahamas?
Yes. You can bring with you all food and wine besides fruits and vegetables.
2. Is there a Minyan Shabbos morning?
YES! We now have a Minyan every Shabbos morning! Best to email and confirm before booking your trip. Please note: We are located near the Hyatt Baha Mar/SLS/Rosewood/ Melia/Breezes or the Sandals Resort. (not walking distance from the Atlantis)
3. Is there a daily Minyan?
No- Not at this time.
4. Where is Chabad located?
In the Cable Beach neighborhood which is a 30 Minute drive from the Atlantis and a 15-minute walk from the Baha Mar. (Email Rabbi@JewishBahamas.com for exact walking directions)
5. Which Hotels are walking distance to Chabad?
The Hyatt Bahamar/SLS/Rosewood/ Melia/Breezes or the Sandals Resort.
6. Is the Atlantis Resort walking distance to Chabad?
No, It is not. Its a 30-minute drive.
7. Where can I find Kosher food on the island?
There is plenty!! Click here to see all your Kosher options.
8. Does the Bahamas have an Eruv?
No it does not.
9. Does the Bahamas have a women’s Mikvah?
Not Yet. Consult with your family Rabbi about using the ocean.
10. What is the weather in the Bahamas?
We are blessed with warm year-round weather, with winter lows averaging a comfortable 70 degrees Fahrenheit and summer highs with high humidity at around 80–90, with a gentle dip at night of just 5 to 7 degrees. Click here for today’s weather!