Below are answers to frequently asked questions.
1. Can I bring my own food with me into The Bahamas?
Yes. You can bring all food and wine with you besides fruits and vegetables.
2. Is there a Minyan over Shabbos?
Mincha and Kabolas Shabbos take place in CinKo restaurant and begins at candle-lighting time.
Shabbos morning Minyan begins 9:15am at the Chabad storefront Shul.
3. Is there a daily Minyan?
There is no set daily Minyan in the Bahamas.
Daily Minyanim are not guaranteed, it depends on how many visitors in the Baha Mar register for a certain day. Please click here to sign up for the Minyan.
Minyanim take place at Cinko in the Hyatt Baha Mar.
To be added to a Minyan WhatsApp group click here.
4. Where is Chabad located?
In the Cable Beach neighborhood which is a 30-minute drive from the Atlantis and a 15-minute walk from the Baha Mar.
5. Which Hotels are within walking distance to Chabad?
The Hyatt Bahamar/SLS/Rosewood/ Melia/Breezes or the Sandals Resort.
6. Is the Atlantis Resort walking distance to Chabad?
No, It is not. It's a 30-minute drive.
7. Where can I find Kosher food on the island?
There is plenty!! Click here to see all your Kosher options.
8. Will Kosher options at the Baha Mar be available for Passover 2023?
No. Cinko and Knosh will be closed over Passover.
9. Does the Baha Mar offer room keys for Shabbos?
The room keys are electronic so they offer a door magnet that will attach to the side of the door and avoid it from shutting. (They are available at the check-in desk of the Hyatt)
10. Do any of the hotels in the Bahamas have an Eruv?
No, there are no hotels with an eruv around them.
11. Is it ok to carry inside the hotel?
Yes! one can carry anywhere in the hotel building.
12. Is there Kosher Milk on the island?
There is Kosher Milk (not Cholov Yisroel) be sure to look for a Kosher symbol.
13. Does the Bahamas have a women’s Mikvah?
Not Yet. Consult with your family Rabbi about using the ocean.
14. What is the weather in the Bahamas?
We are blessed with warm year-round weather, with winter lows averaging a comfortable 70 degrees Fahrenheit and summer highs with high humidity at around 80–90, with a gentle dip at night of just 5 to 7 degrees. Click here for today’s weather!